Thursday, March 16, 2017

Roses and Thistles at the Good Guys Car Show

I really needed to get out of the house so the hubby hauled me off to spend the day with the Good Guys and their rods at Westworld in Phoenix.  Probably due to grandpa's pickup, I was drawn to the old and rusty this trip.  

The Phoenix show is much smaller than the Des Moines show but still pretty huge.

First thing in the door, I see a completed Chevy rat rod.  Loved their custom door handles and steering wheel...


                                




and their patented braking system.



Then I found a Dodge similar to my (grandpa's) 1951 Dodge Pilothouse.....



It was offered for $9,000.00 and while I am certain I already have more than $9,000 in mine, theirs doesn't have my grandfather's name on the title!

There was so much to see but I will share just the highlights...  and the lowlights....  and the laughs.

Winner of the "oh my gosh" title.  My camera didn't even want to take a photo of this car.... 


"Ms. Oblivious" winner of the day.  This lady looked directly at me trying to photograph this car, smiled, and stood in front of me while she took her photo.  I assumed she wanted me to take a photo of her bum....  so I did....  but I wouldn't brag if I were her....


Winner of the "Mr. Obvious" title WITH the license plates and WITHOUT bum...   


"Too Long for ANY Garage" winner....  and for those shopping for torpedoes....
 

the "Over the Top" winner:  A 1951 Ford...  or at least it resembles one....

Chrome and leather and buckles everywhere... and yes, that's gold under that there hood....

Drum roll please....  my Favorite and Winner of THIS "Spectator's Award":




1948 Buick Roadmaster.  It is red and black and chrome and the owner was a wonderful guy!!



It was shiny and big and beautiful and so much fun to take photos of with all the lines and curves....


and powered by a massive in-line 8 cylinder engine


and last but not least, a tribute to my son Mike, who we teased resembled the Michelin Tire Man when he was but a wee tot!


I also picked up a sunburn, a few odds and ends, and wheels and tires for my pickup....  but that's another story.

Enjoy the view!!

No comments:

Post a Comment