Friday, January 13, 2017

Honors come in many sizes

I received a compliment, a true compliment, recently, from someone we will call Mrs. C for now.

Mrs. C found me SEVERAL years ago, and I don't recall how, when I was still living in Iowa.

She asked me to convert pieces of an old family heirloom quilt into two pillows her grandchildren.   She was very specific on what she wanted and I was happy to oblige. 

Mrs. C was extremely pleased with the pillows...  How pleased you ask?

Fast forward through our move to Arizona and many years later....

Mrs. C was pleased enough to hunt me down and ask me to do another pillow as her family had been blessed with another baby.  

Of course, I will thrilled and she sent the pieces and parts.  My return of the completed pillow was delayed due to a serious illness and subsequent death of an extended family member but Mrs. C was gracious, accommodating, and understanding about the delay. 



I can announce that the pillow is complete and on its way to the new, and very young, owner.

What a beautiful thing... and I am honored to be a part of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment