Friday, May 6, 2016

April's finished quilts #1 and #2

Gramma finally got the AZ twins (as I call them) a quilt.  Yes, very late.  Yes, I am ashamed.

The darling Grandson's quilt has been a long time coming but I think I hit the nail on the head and made up the perfect quilt for this rough and tumble boy.... 

I pieced it with shirting flannel and quilted with "dad's tools", including drills, hammers, saws, and nails.

This kid is happy with a hammer, a board, a bunch of nails, and a couple hours so maybe he will dream up his next project under this quilt!


(and yes, a lesson was learned about quilting over hand embroidered label with colored thread...)

And since twins happen to come in pairs, his twin received a quilt too!  

The darling Granddaughter has been so patient waiting for her quilt... She had already picked out the quilt she wants when she gets married, even though I won't hold her to it.

This one remained a surprise as she wasn't sure what she was going to get until she pulled it out of the bag. 


I must have chosen correctly as she loved it.  She immediately rolled up into her quilt even though its summer in Arizona.


I am so proud of these two kids and Gramma went home very, very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment