Monday, July 28, 2014

A satisfied customer...


Little Bryanna's daddy wanted a quilt for her.  He was not sure why she needed a quilt because he NEVER stayed under any kind of blanket, but nonetheless, he wanted one for her.  And he wanted it done in 'girly' colors.  And since she was a year old...  he thought he wanted a crib size quilt.  Beyond that, he didn't care about how I made it.

So I stared at my flannels (my choice of fabrics because she lives in Colorado) for a while...  and considered a pattern....  and I stared....   and I considered..... 

But nothing was grabbing at me.  I wasn't feeling it.   I need to feel excitement when I make a quilt...   so I continued staring....  and considering....

The one thing I did know was that I would completely IGNORE daddy's input about the quilt size and I would make Bryanna a twin size quilt.

...then a friend brought a quilt for me to see...  and I fell in love with the quilt (it was red) and the pattern.  She gifted me the quilt, not sure why but I was OH SO HAPPY about it.

I copied the pattern, sort of....  and created this quilt.

   

But enough about me.... 

Lets get back to little Bryanna: her daddy said that she absolutely LOVES the quilt and stays under it all night long.

(and I won't mention that I found her big brothers curled up on this same quilt watching cartoons.... with sheepish grins on their faces.)

But daddy is dumbfounded that Bryanna was sleeping..  covered with a quilt.

Daddy asked me if I was the "quilt whisperer".  I said I have special powers.

And daddy was glad I ignored his request and went with a twin quilt.

I remember the yards and yards of fabric that I cut... 

the late nights....

the hours and hours I spent piecing this quilt.... 

and then I see this precious little girl who is happy and secure under the quilt that her aunt made.... with love.

You have no idea how happy this makes me.

THIS is what quilting is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment