Sunday, March 9, 2014

Stars under the needle

One of my quilting groups got together today to sew....  and as part of the sew, we did star blocks for inclusion in the Astronomical Quilts Block Challenge with NASA astronaut Karen Nyberg.  I am pretty excited to support this project and my BFF Ann. 

I chose the Spinning Star but changed up the pattern a bit to ensure it didn't look like everyone else's star blocks (there are only SO many star block patterns).

As you can see, 4 of the 8 blocks are either the same star block or a slight variation of the block.  We signed our blocks with our name and location and in case you wondered, mine is 2nd row, 2nd from the right.



As I had already completed my star block before the sew-in, I took one of my UFOs to work on.   As there will be women, quilting, talking, laughing, and fun, I took My Blue Heaven to work on as its a pretty easy sew at this point. 

How fitting that I will be working on a UFO at a sew-in for a NASA project?

I have all of the 9 patch blocks with the hour glass (example is the top row, right corner) completed for the entire king size quilt, along with enough hour glass blocks for a border.  I am now working on the star blocks (top row, left corner) - I am pretty happy with my progress.

This was a new location for us to meet and Ann did a fabulous job coordinating and organizing everything.   We even met a couple brand new BFFs.  Limbania and I had met for lunch before the sew and enjoyed our food on the patio as the weather was simply amazing!!  It was a WONDERFUL DAY all around!

I can't wait to do it all again!

May the pieces of your life fall into place and give you a warm, soft place to land.

No comments:

Post a Comment