Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Sweet Sleep of Children under Handmade Quilts.

I was lucky enough to spend several months with DGSD earlier this year and felt compelled to make a special quilt for him. He is a Steeler fan so, without a plan and no energy to really think about a plan, I started the top... totally flying by the seat of my pants all the way through. It didn't go smoothly and I know I completely imposed on BFF Sarah (I used her dining room table) but it was finished before I returned home. I had enough leftover fabric to make a pair of Steelers pillowcases, too.



It was my first real experience at Free Motion Quilting (FMQ) but I "wrote" football related words in the sashing for him, along with the date. It was not my best work but I am pleased with the final result. DGSD says he sleeps under it every night! How blessed am I??

No comments:

Post a Comment