Friday, June 17, 2016

BOMs and BOWs....


yes, I am crazy....  but I am a optimistic crazy.  (at least that's what I tell myself)

I am joining a couple more  BOM (block of the month).  Actually, I think one is a BOW (block of the week).  I am determined to get some of my stash used (so I can bring in new, of course) so I want to hit the piecing hot and heavy.

I have offered photos of the quilts where available and links to the blogs/websites if you would like to join me.

Elm Street Quilts


Elm Street Quilts is doing a quilt that offers two sizes,  the mini finishes at roughly 18 x 8'' and would look really fun on your wall or sitting next to your machine. The larger quilt (finishes at 30'' square) is all paper pieced letters.  And you can choose to make a subset of the quilt too - maybe you just want a quilt with the word 'sleep' on it!  They are allowing plenty of  time - the blocks will be available through June.



Jaquelynn Steves is offering a free BOM, Maggies First Dance, which will run for 6 months – not too long, not too short, just right!!

I always  love Jacquelynn's quilts!!  They are always so fresh looking.   Unfortunately, Jaquelynn does not allow the photo of her quilt to be shared.

The first block was released on June 6, 2016, but its not too late to catch up!



Blog_post1_BOM
Starting in May, the works is offering a new America-inspired block design on the first Monday of each month.

They are offering several colorways (including a child's palette and a quilt of valor palette) to get your fabric juices flowing....  or you can branch out on your own.

They promise to offer a little inspiration every week along with a blog post related to the month's block.









A Bee in my Bonnet  is offering a sew along that starts Monday, August 15th and we are all invited!

They will be doing one block a week and there are 12 blocks.

The sew-along will be using their own custom shapes for the center squares (available on their blog) or use your imagination.












No comments:

Post a Comment