Sunday, June 15, 2014

Apparently NOTHING is safe!

This morning dawned gorgeous but the expected rain disappointed.  It did not come as promised and the new sod in our front yard complained loudly about it.

The afternoon was spent with Jerry's family and extended family celebrating Father's Day.  Lots of yummy food, fun, laughs, stories, and fresh Iowa air.  I was even able to refill my baby fix with little Finn,

On the other hand, lots was done at the Casa de los Cohoon dos during the morning and evening.

We picked up some hosta from friends and filled some vacancies in the front yard.  The holes were left by bushes that didn't survive the front yard remodel last fall (replacement of sewer pipe to the street).  Thanks L&L!!

We also moved around some of the landscape rocks in the same area....  they were HEAVY!   And the big one that was moved with the backhoe during the yard remodel?  Well, it was left where it was.  We are (ok, I am) still considering the layout of the hostas and the rocks - I am a Libra - I need time to consider the options!  :)

On the SPRUCING UP list was an outdated gold ceiling fan in the office.  It worked fine, was the perfect size for the room, and I loved the feel of the globes.

I could think of no reason that could cause it to need replaced...  other than the "outdated" part.

Out comes the black enamel paint that was already on the property!

I love it when a plan comes together! Does anyone remember the TV show whose main character used this comment as a catchphrase?


I started at the top and worked my way down painting all gold with the black.  I was super surprised, and happy, that the black went on so well!

I had to go back and touch up a few places and will probably touch up again before I consider it done but I am very pleased with the results. 

It doesn't even look like the same fixture.

NOTE: I tried using a cheaper paint brush but the paint went a lot better and more evenly covered with a better quality small flat artist's brush.

I haven't decided if the blades should be black too...  I will probably wait a day or two and see what I think.
... its a Libra thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment