Wednesday, February 12, 2014

It's not my fault.

I was doing some heavy research online for DH and toward what I thought was the end, I told him he was really gong to owe me for this one.  He asked for an example....  I asked what he had to offer....  he offered up an all expense paid trip to Tucson....  I accepted.  

(OK, so I already had a trip planned with 5 besties to go to Tucson to attend 2 quilting workshops with Bonnie Hunter.)


Limbania and I drove to Tucson Tuesday afternoon as neither of us are morning people and the Wednesday morning meeting started at 9.30am.  The Tuesday evening meeting started at 7pm so after we check in to our room, we found a little dinner and decided to do the Tuesday evening lecture.

Limbania, my bestie and roommate here in Tucson, is pressing her fabric for the Playing with Jacks workshop tomorrow.  We have had so much fun getting to know each other and getting to know this side of Tucson.  Ahh, the stories we have!!!






I snapped a couple photos of some of the gorgeous quilts we saw at the meeting.


The quality of the quilts presented at the Guild was truly impressive and certainly inspiring. 






After a break, Bonnie Hunter gave a presentation on her Scrap User System and showed off some of her quilts.


I am sure that Bonnie brought her Orca Bay (in reds, blues, neutrals and black) because somehow, she just knew that DH wants me to do one for our bed.




The Orca Bay I will be doing for our bed will be in deep reds, browns, neutrals, and black.  I am still collecting fabrics for it so don't be watching for it any time soon!!



Bonnie also shared her hexie quilt that she worked completely in 'found' time....  at airports, doctor offices, any time you have to wait for anything....  amazing huh?


I thoroughly enjoyed Bonnie's lecture and trunk show.  Thanks Bonnie!  And I will see you tomorrow to do Playing with Jacks.


On Wednesday, we decided to take in the meeting and lecture again.  The remaining PHX 4, made it to the meeting in the nick of time.  Another great lecture, another amazing trunk show.



After the lecture and trunk show, all 6 of us ands and Bonnie went out for lunch...  and continued on to 3 quilt shops.  And since the trip was all expenses paid, I considered it a big 'ole FART (Fabric Acquisition Road Trip) and had SEX (Stash Enhancing eXcursion) all afternoon. 


I can't wait to get home and get this cut up into 1 1/2", 2", and 2 1/2" and added to my Scrap User System!!!


Tomorrow, we will all be Playing with Jacks...  may your day tomorrow be loaded with happy fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment