Thursday, April 20, 2017

The little dogs will be dressed well too !

....  the saga of the faux vests for the doggies continues.....

I had needed something to do with my hands due to the passing of my brother and the two broken ribs I suffered in a fall.   I do better staying busy but because of the ribs, I was limited in what I could do.

I stumbled upon the idea for neckerchiefs from spending time with a BFF in February.  It was something I could do that didn't take a lot of concentration and I could still be productive.  Fortunately, I had all necessary parts and pieces to make the faux vests.

As a result of my efforts, I was able to donate over 70 faux vests and neckerchiefs to the Rescues for their use at Adoption Events.   A vast majority of those vests fit large and extra large dogs.

And that was wonderful.  I was happy and satisfied....  the dogs would certainly by "stylin'"....

....but what about the little poopies???  tthe smaller dogs would be attending the Events "naked" if I didn't act quickly.... so I grabbed my scissors once again!

As I was cutting, I made a private commitment of donating the smaller sized faux vests in the name of CB and MI, who had also generously contributed to the post-secondary education fund I set up for my niece and nephews.  I felt this important as the kids had lost their sole parent when my brother passed.

I gathered my supplies and spend an afternoon cutting the vests, collars, and bowties from my pre-selected fabrics while binge watching on Netflix.  I just started cutting...  and I kept cutting.



Apparently, I had no idea just how many I had cut.


I delivered over 50 faux vests in smaller sizes to a Rescue representative.   I am proud and excited to be able to provide this service to the dogs and as thank you to CB and MI, who are definitely "dog" people.

All for the poopies !!

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute! And going to such a wonderful cause.

    ReplyDelete