Thursday, May 1, 2014

A surprise ending for my customer service woes

On April 18th, I ranted about some crappy customer service at a local fabric store.   With the encouragement of many, I took the next step and forwarded a link for my post to the fabric store on that same day via a facebook message.   I have notice that the message was read on Saturday, April 19th.

I waited and waited and waited and waited.

And I waited a little longer.

Today, I am sad to say that I have not received a single reply from the store.  Not one word.  Not an courtesy "We're sorry", not a computer generated "We strive for <enter generic apology here>", not ANYTHING. 

I admit that I expected some kind of response from the Glendale location of 35th Ave Sew and Vac and that I am very disappointed that they didn't take a couple minutes of their time to respond.  

Maybe they were just too busy.  Again, I do not expect that the store will go under because I go away an unhappy customer every time I am in there. 

I would like to say that there are nice things about this store:  there is one girl at the counter that sincerely tries to offer what I consider to be very good customer service.  I should know her name but I will apologize publicly that I do not.  If you shop there, I am sure you know to whom I am referring.  I commend her for her work, and I commend the store for hiring this diamond.  Also, they do have a very nice selection of fabrics. 

I generally do a lot of fabric shopping in Tucson as the quilt stores down there are A M A Z I N G.  The customer service is phenomenal and the prices are about the same.  Of the Tucson shops I have frequented, I have never had bad customer service.  How can that be? 

How can a Tucson shop offer something a Phoenix shop can not?   (that can't be it, other Phoenix area fabric shops are nice... and polite.... and caring....  and accommodating to the customer)

Does 35th Ave work the employees too hard?  (not that I can see)

Do they not care one way or the other? (I certainly hope that's not the case)

Have they become blasé about keeping their customer base even though there are LOTS of other places to shop?  (I would be curious to know if their sales are dropping)

At this point, I am left with the feeling that the store really doesn't care one way or the other how the customers are treated or how the customer feels about the treatment they receive.   I guess one has to appreciate that they feel their business is strong enough to weather bad publicity.

So, with all that being said, I will continue to shop at 35th ONLY when I can not find what I want at another valley fabric store.   In other words, as a last resort.

I am cursed with tactile needs and I have a very hard time shopping online for fabric.  I need to see and feel the fabric before I can buy it.  I can admit it....  I have needs....  fabric needs.  :)

May your day be filled with light and sunshine and roses....   and, at minimum, decent customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment