Tuesday, February 27, 2018

pepsi explosion


Image result for 2 liter pepsi

Ok, its finally funny.  I can finally talk about it....  and even giggle a little IF I imagine it happened to someone else.

I had brought groceries home and was just putting them away when I dropped a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi.  Not only did I drop it but it landed on my big toe. It should have hurt a lot because it fell upside down, meaning that the lid was what landed on my toe.  Yes, it should have hurt.  I am sure it should have hurt...  a lot.

But I can tell you in all honesty that I didn't even notice the pain.  Why, you ask? Because when the bottle's lid landed on my toe, it broke.

So why didn't it hurt?

Because the fall/broken lid/etc activated the carbonation. 

Remember that broken lid?  Combine that with carbonation and you end up with something that should be in a comic strip.

I watched wordlessly as the bottle spun in circles at my feet, spraying Pepsi around and around in an arc that drenched all four walls of my kitchen.   And because the Pepsi was under pressure, it didn't just spray everywhere, it sprayed into every crack, crevice, and opening four feet from the floor.  That means that the cabinet that was open while I was putting groceries away had Pepsi on the back wall and in and on every thing inside that cabinet.

And it didn't end there.   Because my house had the old fashioned registers that were mounted on the wall near the floor, Pepsi sprayed into the vent system....    and dripped onto the basement floor....   and ran down the vent about 6 feet from the register.  It even sprayed through the vent under the refrigerator and coated the motor.

And while it was spinning, it hit my legs, causing Pepsi to splash up onto my shirt and into my hair and on my glasses.

Hubby came running as soon as he heard the strange sounds.  Bless his heart that he had the good sense to not laugh....  at least not right away. Like I said, its been long enough that I can finally laugh  and ALMOST wished he was holding a video camera..... although I probably would have killed him  if he had.  I even think it would have been justified.

I can't tell you how long it took to clean everything up but I can assure you that post Pepsi, I had the cleanest kitchen in the state.

And yes, my toe did hurt...  a lot...  once the shock of the ballistic bottle of Pepsi passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment